Thursday, September 21, 2017

Busy...Still!

It's hard to remember all the events of a week. Maybe I'm getting old and need to write more often!

James is still working mosquito abatement. Next week is his last week! Hurray! Last week, he worked all of Saturday again, so it just felt like another regular day, just with more kids. I canned some tomato sauce and took Joseph took a birthday party. The timing worked out perfectly with getting the jars sealed and Lewis taking a nap. I think perfect timing is definitely one of God's tender mercies.

Monday, we went to Cherissa's for FHE and had s'mores. It was really fun. I could eat like a thousand of those things.

Tuesday - moquito abatement, so we didn't see James till about 8.

Wednesday - James was home, but we didn't do anything specific. We didn't feel like going anywhere.

Today, James is working mosquito abatement again. He was going to do Saturday, but he will be at Comicon with the boys. They leave tomorrow morning early.

I've still been sewing a lot. I had originally planned on pacing myself with the projects, but I actually enjoy it now and find myself sewing for a couple hours each day (if I have the time, which I usually do here and there.) Lewis is so mobile that he'd prefer to explore most of the time and is happy on the floor dumping something out. Katie actually loves to watch me sew, especially when it's stuff for her Barbie dolls. I think I've made about 40 pieces of clothing for them. I find them all over the floor, naturally. The thing I'm most excited about is that I made Lewis a Perry the Platypus costume from free patterns I found online. I already had some turquoise fabric that's also nice and thick in case it's cold. The shirt and pants turned out perfect, and I had the perfect amount of fabric for them, which made me really happy. I never thought I'd like sewing or even follow patterns at all. The internet is amazing for finding stuff like that. Regular paper is so much better than those tissue paper ones.

Our weekend is quite busy, but I'll report on that next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment