Thursday, September 7, 2017

Phenixes Visit

Friday, we picked a bunch of tomatoes and made salsa. I helped Mara finish up the slideshow for her wedding. It was fun to see all those old pictures of Ricky. I'm really glad I digitized everything a couple years ago. It has been really convenient. James and Myles went hunting after dinner while Mara and I hung out. We started a movie when they got back, but I fell asleep during it. Oops.

Saturday was really fun. I went shooting with Myles and Mara in the morning. After lunch, we went to the temple for the 3:00 session while Alyssa came to babysit. It was really great to be there. We got some Sonic shakes on the way home. After dinner, Myles and Mara went hunting while James and I put the house back in order.

Sunday, we had church. I was the only one in the library, but it went very smoothly. Myles and Mara stayed until after dinner, then headed to Rexburg.

Monday was a holiday. James took the kids out for the morning while I sewed. It was so awesome to both start and finish a project! We met up for lunch and then relaxed in the afternoon with one of James's friends and his kids, who are about my kids' ages.

Tuesday and Wednesday, James had meetings, so we didn't do much together. I did a little more sewing. I've been trying to spend time with Katie, but it's a challenge. I do her hair nice in the morning, but it often doesn't last more than an hour. I've made her Barbie clothes and played Barbies with her, but it never seems like enough. There's only so much playing I can do before I get totally bored anyway. I really miss my boys while they're at school. So does Katie. It's just not the same without them. They are so good with Lewis, too. I would never leave Katie and Lewis alone for too long. Because he is so mobile, he gets all kinds of stuff in his mouth. He is a constant hazard to himself!

The Heads arrived last night (Wednesday) and are here till Saturday. I took the kids swimming at the hotel pool this morning. So far this afternoon, we have just been relaxing and waiting for everyone to come home. They should all be here by 4 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment