Thursday, September 28, 2017

Tired

I'm still waiting for the magical day when Lewis starts sleeping all night. For right now, he wakes up once, sometimes twice. Basically, the same as when he was a tiny baby. From what I can tell, he weighs 16 lbs. now, so he isn't as tiny as he was as a 6-month-old. I'm just tired of waking up at night. I get up every morning feeling sleepy, no matter how long I stay in bed. I usually feel more awake after breakfast, but today I'm still tired even after forcing myself to work out. (I wish extra points were given for working out when I didn't feel like it, was too tired, or had a kid whine or climb on me.)

I have barely seen James this week. Last Friday, he and the boys went to Comicon. It was a pretty rough day at our house. Katie missed her brothers a lot and acted out. She was happy for the 2 hours that we did Barbies and the princess tea party, but after that, all heck broke loose.

The boys got back in time for the Primary program practice and pizza party. We got home from that in time to see James's grandparents, who were in town for a wedding. They stayed to visit for 1 1/2 hours. Then I had about an hour before it was time to go to the RS meeting. My ward rented a bus to pick up everyone. It was a ton of fun and a really great meeting.

Despite that, I really felt down in the dumps all of Sunday. Part of it is seeing one of my friends with her brand-new baby (from a distance; she just came to see her kids in the Primary program). She has 6 now. It has always been my dream to have 6. I don't know why I feel jealous of her. She is about 6 years older than I, so it's not like I'm even running out of time to have some more kids. For whatever reason, I'm feeling crazy and ready for another baby right now even though the one I currently have is still waking up. I should be grateful that my biology actually prevents me from getting pregnant while I'm nursing until the baby is about 9 months old. (That is what happened with Kenny and Katie, so I have an 18 month gap there.) Yes, I have tested that. That would make it possible by November, which is not so far away. Besides, I am already tired, and being pregnant and nursing together are more exhausting than anything in the world. I will just have to wait. I realize that this complaint is nothing compared to what many of my friends are going through when it comes to having kids. In relative terms, I have it easy. I don't understand where these negative feelings come from.

The kids did really well in the program. I'm glad. Getting ready for it was a little stressful.

Monday, we did see James, so we did FHE. We played Charades with the kids and they absolutely loved it!

Tuesday and Wednesday, James worked his last two days of mosquito abatement! He also had a meeting, so I didn't see him till 9 one night and 10 last night.

We are going on a date tonight, not sure what, but it will be nice. We haven't had time in the last month thanks to mosquito abatement, but now that that's over, it should be much easier to plan them. (Ha ha ha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment