Thursday, October 5, 2017

The End

I'm so glad James is done with mosquito abatement! We saw him very little last week because even when he was done, he had two meetings and two days of Homecoming duties. However, we had a great weekend watching Conference, eating lots of snacks, and working on projects. I made some more doll stuff and even a few baby rompers. They turned out so cute! Sewing kept me from eating too many snacks, too.

James took Katie to the dance Saturday night for an hour. She loved seeing all the princesses. I still think she was the prettiest one there. I might be biased, though.

We've had a pretty relaxed week, especially compared to our schedule since the beginning of school. I'm really glad things have calmed down a bit. Jonah comes over twice a week on average while his mom is at work. It can be challenging to stay in a good mood. Sometimes he and Kenny gang up on Katie and won't play with her. I hate that people say the genders aren't different from birth. Katie has access to all the "boy" toys she could want, and the boys have access to all the "girl" toys they want, but they rarely play with each other's toys. It's not because I've forbidden it either. They play imaginative games together all the time and often disagree about how to play the games.

For being so close in age, Katie and Kenny have often struggled to get along. Joseph and Kenny, on the other hand, have gotten along ever since Kenny was 18 months old and quit wrecking Joseph's toys. (And everyone loves Lewis.) Sibling relationships are interesting to watch.

I've been sleeping very poorly this week. It is rather disappointing that after two kids who slept through the night at 8 months, Lewis doesn't. I have hopes for 10 months, though, because that's when Joseph hit that milestone. Waking up at night is such a bummer at this point. I have had about ten good nights of sleep in the last year and a half. It's not as easy to manage as when I was 22.

I finished sewing all the AG doll outfits and ended up with 24. I have 4 more outfits to sew for Katie's baby doll, and then I'll start on my jean quilts and t-shirt quilt. (3 total) I'll probably listen to some audio books while I do it because straight lines are boring and don't take a lot of concentration. I'm especially excited for my first t-shirt quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment