Thursday, October 19, 2017

Rough Week

Last Saturday was Super Saturday. I learned how to make wreaths! My very first one is on the front door. I know it won't last till Christmas, but knowledge is power. I had no idea it could be so easy. We hung out during the afternoon and didn't do anything that I remember.

Sunday, I got a new calling as Primary pianist. It's my third time with that calling, second time in this ward. I don't mind at all. It might be my favorite calling I've had so far.

Lewis has been grumpy all week because he's getting 4 new teeth. He took a break on Wednesday, and it was Kenny's turn to be sick. I took him in to the doctor for an official diagnosis of an ear infection. 45 minutes at the pharmacy, and we finally got home. Poor guy woke up crying in the night and had lots of pain and nausea in the morning, but after some medication for the nausea and a dose of the antibiotic, he was already feeling better. Today (Thursday) it's back to Lewis being grumpy. 2 or 3 of the teeth have popped through, but he's still working on the others. It's messed up his sleep a bit too.

We did finally manage to go on a date yesterday. We got some fun stuff for the kids at D.I., then ate dinner, and then went to the library. Life is easier without the kids, but I always miss them when it's been longer than an hour.

James just left for Seattle to go visit his sister Angie. I'm really bummed that he's gone, but he'll be back on Monday. The kids have fall break today and tomorrow, so no school. Since I've finished all my quilts now (1 T-shirt and 2 denim), I'll be working on a latch hook rug and, surprisingly enough, maybe reading some books! When I was sewing before, it took too much concentration to listen to any audio books, so I haven't read or listened to anything in a very long time now. I don't know what I'm going to do during the actual winter because I'm out of material after I make the rug. I found patterns at D.I. for women's clothing, so maybe I'll see if I can come across some cheap material to actually make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment