Friday, October 13, 2017

Accidental Sleep Training

So last Friday, I was so tired I could barely function. I hadn't been able to sleep for a week and Lewis seemed to make noise (though not crying) every 2 hours or so. This is the kid who used to sleep 8 hour stretches! Desperate for some sleep, I tried turning the baby monitor off so I wouldn't hear his weird grunts but would still be able to hear his crying.

Two nights later, I realized I can't actually hear crying from across the house without the monitor. I asked the boys if Lewis woke up during the night, and they said no, but they sleep through almost anything. I noticed that Lewis seemed a little upset Saturday morning (after the first night), but he didn't sleep any extra during the day.

To make a long story short, I do keep the baby monitor on now, but Lewis can now fall back asleep on his own without making tons of noise. Also, he will go to bed wide awake and go to sleep without complaint. We have been there on naps for months. He's been ready to give up night feedings for a couple weeks now. He wouldn't eat much and always went right back to sleep. Phew. I'm glad it's over. I just feel awful for those two nights where he maybe fussed a lot (I'll never know) and couldn't hear him.

We went to two friends' baptisms on Saturday, Tayson and Marcus. It was really nice, and there was a lunch afterward for Tayson.

James had parent-teacher conferences on Monday, I went to one for Joseph on Monday, and James attended Kenny's yesterday. He also volunteered to go grocery shopping for me! That was pretty nice. Usually that only happens if I've just had a baby.

The rest of the week has been pretty relaxing. Tuesday, we went out for dinner and to the park. I've been happy about our favorite TV shows being back, mostly ABC comedies that we watch on their website. (Or the Roku app.) I'm glad there are some good, pretty clean shows out there.

As for this weekend, I have Super Saturday tomorrow! I'm just going to go the classes, hang out, and eat lunch. It should be great.

Katie has a funny obsession with hair this week. She got gum in it last week and gave herself bangs yesterday. They don't look terrible, actually. She also climbed up to the shelf in my bathroom and smeared lotion all over my mirror and put gel in her hair. At least, I hope it's gel. She's going to be the death of me.

Since I finished with doll clothes, I made a T-shirt quilt and denim quilt this week. They both turned out cute. They were both pretty fast since everything was already cut out. Today I'm making a cape for Katie. From leftover sheet pieces, I can make 2 more doll outfits too.

No comments:

Post a Comment