Thursday, November 2, 2017

Lewis's Rough Week

Poor Lewis has been working on 4 teeth all at once for the past few weeks. I think the last one finally popped through today. It's made him super grumpy off and on.

Starting Monday, Lewis was miserable with a cold and mild fever. I kept him somewhat happy with ibuprofen, but he just wasn't himself and felt super crummy. He finally doesn't have a fever today. We went to the doctor for a checkup. Lewis has fallen off the charts for weight, so the doctor recommended supplementing with formula. I've never had to do this before, but I've also never had such an active baby at this age. I feel like a terrible mom for not trying to give him more calorically-dense foods. I guess our meals are too healthy to make someone fat? I don't know how I'm going to convince  him to drink any formula. The doctor said the nutritional value doesn't even matter, just that it has lots of calories. I'm worried that he will refuse anything I try to give him. He doesn't like bottles at all. I guess we'll see what happens over the next few months.

James took a conceal carry class yesterday. And of course we celebrated Halloween with the ward Trunk or Treat. Lewis stayed home with James since he was so sick. We have visitors coming today (the Heads) until Saturday morning.

I've done a few small sewing projects and hope to complete a few more. They are just upcycles from some things I had lying around the house.

Here's to hoping that the mom guilt will let up a bit. I don't want to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment