Thursday, November 30, 2017

Relaxing

Our Thanksgiving did end up fine. Our meal at Denny's was actually quite tasty. I ended up cooking a second Thanksgiving meal on Saturday because I really wanted leftovers.

Holly Days was extremely fun. Everything was free! kettle corn, hot chocolate, cotton candy, marshmallows, fries, pony rides, bouncy houses. a fire dancing show...plus about a million other things we didn't have time for. It was seriously awesome. Katie is still talking about her pony ride.

I've been keeping it together even though Kenny is sick now. I've been working on small things around the house, but nothing big because I feel like a break is in order. My life has its ups and downs, and right now feels like a time to sit back, reflect, and enjoy the Christmas season instead of starting up another big project. (Though, I do really thrive on those. I feel my best when I'm the perfect amount of "busy".) I have several things in mind for the future, but for now I'm just going to wait.

I'm enjoying the idea of Christmas more this year. Maybe it's because our Thanksgiving was very simple; I don't know. I'm really excited to travel to NC for Mara and Ricky's wedding. I'm trying to be less anxious about it than I am. I don't mind flying, but I worry about making the flight on time and possible icy roads. I know it's going to work out, though.

Today's small project will be putting together two coat racks/stands. Our house does not have a good mud room or entry way or coat closet, so that's my only option: one coat stand at each door. I really hope it eliminates coats lying around everywhere. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment