Sunday, December 31, 2017

Christmas Break Pt. 2: NC Trip

Our travel went even more smoothly than expected: not a single snowflake on the drive, good time, and a seamless flight the next morning that was 30 minutes shorter than expected. Christmas Eve at the hotel was pretty fun except that I was really carsick from travel and ate too much, so I threw up. Other than that, we had a good evening. We arrived in NC Christmas afternoon and had some dinner and opened presents.

Tuesday, we traveled to the Museum of Life and Science in Durham. Ceci and Brinson went with us. We had a great time. The museum has tons of stuff inside and out, including a butterfly room and giant tree fort.  We were all very tired by the time we got home. I organized a bunch of files for dad and set aside the stuff  needed for Mara's scrapbook. Mara and Ricky, Brinson and Ceci, and Christian and Rachel all came over in the evening.

Wednesday, we stayed at the house and I worked on Mara's scrapbook and mostly just hung out. We had Christmas dinner withe everyone except Rachel, who had to work. Ricky's family came over for dessert after. I was especially glad to eat my favorite cake for Christian's belated birthday.

Thursday, we went to the children's museum in Raleigh (Marbles). Mara and Ricky went with us. The kids really loved it. We ate at Cookout on the way home. Mara's bachelorette party was that night at Rachel's house. It was fun to eat lots of snacks and watch a silly movie. I did a face mask instead of my nails.

Friday was the big day: the wedding! It was a beautiful by cold day for a NC winter. We all made it to the temple on time and everything went smoothly. The luncheon followed and after a rest at home, the reception. It was perfect: family, friends, excellent food, and beautiful decorations. We were all pretty worn out by the end of the day. Poor Mara and Ricky had to drive 4 hours to Charleston that night!

Saturday, we went to the Museum of Natural Sciences in Raleigh. It was also amazing. My grandparents came with us. The kids really enjoyed this one too because there were lots of animals and hands-on things to do. I'm really glad I took the time to plan these trips, because they were all really fun for the kids! When we go back, James and the other siblings went to help someone move. We then all went out to dinner at Golden Corral with Grandma and Grandpa.

Church went well today, even though I was super tired through most of it. It was nice to be with adults since I'm not anymore in my ward.

Plans for the next 3 days: clean out the fridge and freezer, make dinner, help Mom clean her room, service for Myles, Nash, and Lars if they think of anything, getting ready to travel home, and actually traveling home on Wed. It involves lots of flying and driving, but we should arrive in Vernal by the kids' bedtime if all goes well. Thursday, of course, will be a catch-up day: unpacking, cleaning, shopping, and laundry, and then the in-laws come to visit that evening because of work.

The tiredness might kill me by then. I found out on Dec. 20 that I am pregnant, so not very far, just barely over 5 weeks. I think it may be our last one, but I am not 100% sure. If not, there is definitely only one more. It's weird to think about being done with the baby stage, but I am ready. This trip reminds me how difficult it is to manage a lot of little people while pregnant. Everything is harder when you need a nap every day! I'm due August 29th by my calculation. I should find out more at my first appt. on Jan. 22nd. I am really excited.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! That is awesome news and this sounds like it was a great trip. On to 2018!!

    ReplyDelete