Thursday, December 14, 2017

Warm Weather!

By warm, I mean in the 40's during the day. We haven't had one snowflake yet either, and I love it. I realize now that struggling during the winter was a trifecta of difficult things: snow, cold, and dark. Since there is only dark to contend with, it hasn't been too bad of a winter so far. (Well, late fall, but you know what I mean.)

Last Saturday we went to breakfast with Santa. The kids really enjoyed it even though they don't actually believe in Santa. Haha. My bad. We made some neighbor gifts and delivered them. I actually made more (kettle corn) throughout the week and had the kids help deliver them. As far as time commitment goes, I think kettle corn is one of the easier things I've done. One day I want to stick to one treat and have it be my "thing" but I haven't settled on the perfect one yet.

Sunday was normal. We had FHE with Cherissa and Tayson on Monday.

I went to the dentist Tuesday and found out I have 2 cavities. It's about time, because it's been 18 years. I knew I had gotten one because I can feel it with my tongue. It doesn't hurt, thankfully. We got some dinner afterward and checked out the high school basketball games. Sport are so boring to me.

We all ended up getting Kenny's bug from last week, but it wasn't too severe. Joseph was sick Tuesday night, so I kept him home on Wed. and he drove me crazy. I should have sent him because he was completely better, but oh well. James and I didn't feel well on Tuesday but it did not progress beyond that slightly yucky feeling. Katie was sick Sunday night, but I didn't even realize it because it seemed just like indigestion. Lewis seemed completely fine but was grumpy and clingy Mon. and Tues. mornings.

Wednesday, James had bishopric meeting and I went visiting teaching, or tried to. She wasn't home. I still never know what counts as too aggressive, but it's really hard to line up schedules with women who work full-time even though I am home all day. (And no, I don't judge either one because they have to work, I just hate how complicated it makes scheduling.)

Today we get to see Coco for free with the kids, courtesy of the teacher's union. I think it looks pretty good but haven't heard much about it. It should be a pretty relaxing weekend. Only 3 days of school next week and 2 for Kenny! (Walking to the bus stop midday isn't my favorite.) It's hard to believe that Christmas is coming so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment