Thursday, February 8, 2018

An Easier Week

We celebrated Lewis's first birthday by watching a movie together (Groundhog Day, of course) and eating homemade pizza. We also went to the library activity in the afternoon. Lewis got a few toys that he really enjoys so far. James is really good at picking out that kind of stuff.

Saturday morning, I went to Women's Day Out. It was pretty fun but not very long because I'm not looking for weight loss, new clothes, or makeup currently. I ended up winning a Subway gift certificate from the hospital! We went out for dinner Saturday night and tried something new at the Chinese place: some of the noodle dishes. They were delicious!

Only one person threw up this week, and it was Joseph on Saturday night. He made a quick recovery but we kept him home from church. I really hope by next week that we can all go together! I had a mini breakdown before church, but I made it only a few minutes late with Kenny and Katie. I'm starting to like doing the music. I still need work figuring out the timing, but it's going pretty well. Maybe next Sunday I'll wake up and not feel sick to my stomach.

The nausea has gotten a lot better this week, but the weird dreams have gotten even weirder. Thankfully, most are just weird and not scary. So far, none actually have to do with the baby.

Lewis is tiny one-year-old, only 16 lbs. 9 oz. and 28 1/4 inches tall, which puts him in the 2nd percentile. The doctor did not seem worried this time about his size and said he's just small. (I could have told him that, haha.) I gave him his first haircut so he looks really grown up now.

I've been trying to work on some sewing. I made a shirt yesterday and was able to follow all the directions, but I don't like how it turned out. I also picked the wrong size, so it doesn't look good on me. I have determined that I really don't like sewing for myself even though I love sewing for AG dolls and my children. All the things I've made in miniature have turned out pretty good and look cute on the recipients. That's strike 3 for me, though, so I think I'm going to stick to D.I. for most of my clothing needs. I'm okay with that.

Today I have parent-teacher conferences for the boys and then nothing going for the next few days. I'm okay with that too. I'm more tired than I was a few weeks ago, but at least it is still manageable.


No comments:

Post a Comment