Thursday, June 28, 2018

Movie, Sickness

Instead of movie night on Friday, we took the kids to the theater to see the Incredibles 2. They all really enjoyed it. Lewis even did all right and didn't throw too much popcorn on the floor. I don't think we've ever gone to a full-price movie with the kids before (since we don't often ourselves), but it's nice to know that we can afford it even though it's a splurge.

Lewis started getting sick on Monday with a low fever. By Tuesday, his fever was 103, so I took him in to the doctor. James traded with me, so I went home with all the kids. The doctor said it was a virus of some sort and to just wait it out and give medicine when he got miserable.

Tuesday night was the most miserable for the poor little guy. He hadn't had medicine for a while, so his fever spiked to 104. We gave him ibuprofen and James gave him a blessing. He slept well for the rest of the night and for several hours on Wednesday. When we was awake, he wanted to be held by James or me and not near anyone else. He didn't eat but drank lots of milk and had some popsicles.

I managed to squeeze in a big shopping trip last night. Hopefully I won't need to go to Walmart again for 2 weeks! The cart was overflowing thanks to all the extra food we need for guests.

Today, Lewis is doing a lot better. He has no fever while on ibuprofen (so far) and is even playing outside. He's been grumpy but has actually been eating. Here's to hoping the fever doesn't come back. I'm thinking a full recovery by tomorrow.

Our guests start arriving today, starting with James's family around 4. James just told me he took tomorrow off. Hurray! That relieves a lot of my stress. If I can make it through today, I can make it through the weekend because I'll have tons of help. Plus, Joseph is getting baptized!

No comments:

Post a Comment