Thursday, June 14, 2018

The Fair, Day Camp

I feel like I need to write more often than once a week. It's hard to remember what happened even last weekend!

The kids really enjoyed the fair on Thursday. We got there a little early and did the candy drop, the Little Red Barn, and then looked around. It was hot, so it took me a few hours under the fan to cool off.

We had pizza and family movie night on Friday. The kids really seemed to like National Treasure. Their reactions are always so funny.

Saturday morning, we went to the fair again. We looked at all the exhibits, the animals from Scales and Tails (not the actual show, because it's way too long), and did the Little Red Barn again. We then stopped at Walgreen's for a giant bag of cough drops. Pretty much everyone has had a cold this past week. I felt especially awful on Friday night and Saturday. Things have gotten better since then, but I'm more exhausted than normal and have an even harder time breathing. Ugh.

Sunday was normal, even down to the fact that I wake up feeling terrible and not wanting to go to church, but once I get there, I feel okay. Getting up and doing the music is probably good for me. Sitting for a long time always makes me feel worse.

Monday, Cherissa and Tayson came for dinner and FHE.

Tuesday, Joseph went to Cub Scout day camp. I think he had a really good time. I took Katie to the dentist, so I think we're in the clear for at least the rest of summer with appointments, except for me, of course.

I had my appointment Wednesday morning. It took 3 tries to get a babysitter, but I finally did! Everything looks good. I am healthy, just fatter than I'd normally be. James volunteered to go shopping for me, so I accepted. He ran out of cart space, so the kids and I will pick up the last 10 things today after the library.

I feel like the summer is going both fast and slow. I feel like we have a good balance of work, fun, and rest, but I'm still so tired no matter what we do. I am really glad for air conditioning. Keeping cool has been much easier than my pregnancy with Katie. (That was miserable!) We  have enough hot days to require AC to be comfortable. It is nice that it gets so cool at night. We always open the windows. The lame thing is that my hips are starting to ache when I sleep on one side for too long, so I have to roll over, and that is a process! I'll live.

I really don't want to go past my due date, especially not into September since our insurance resets, but for now I plan on waiting to go into labor on my own unless I or the doctor feel strongly otherwise. I just hate not knowing. I like to have things planned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment