Thursday, June 21, 2018

Paddle Fest, Parties, Baptism Prep

James and I went on a date last Thursday to a nice dinner, then Vernal Excitement. It's an outdoor sort of craft fair with free music. It was really hot, but it was fun to look around.

We had a great time at Paddle Fest on Saturday. Basically, Red Fleet Reservoir lets you use all the kayaks, boats, etc. for free. We got there early, so no crowds, and went out on a pedal boat. Today is the first day my legs don't ache! James even brought popsicles in a Thermos for us to eat as a snack. Otter Pops have really saved me this summer. When I am really really hot, they help cool me off faster than anything. I think the kids enjoyed the boat ride because they didn't have to do any real work.

We went to a birthday party for Alex (James's friend Devin's son) who was turning 3. It was a big party that included dinner, a bounce house, and a pinata. It was especially nice to talk to two other women who have 5/6 kids about the challenges of doing pregnancy so many times.

Sunday, James took some nice pictures of the kids so I'd have one of Joseph for the baptism program. I emailed the Primary president all the details. We are just about ready for this to happen!

Monday, we did a little talent show for family home evening. The kids were SO excited. It was really cute to see what they came up with.

Tuesday, we went to our ward party. There was lots of fun games for the kids, so we hardly saw them. I had fun but got really hot by the end and took a while to recover. I'm so glad my house has central air AND ceiling fans.

Joseph had his baptismal interview on Wednesday night. I still can't believe he gets baptized in less than two weeks!

The rest of the week should be pretty low-key, just the normal fun stuff we do. I need to conserve my energy for next Thursday through the following Thursday when we have tons of guests. Just the thought of it makes me feel even more tired than I already am, and that's saying something!

No comments:

Post a Comment