Thursday, June 7, 2018

Head Reunion

We ended up leaving Friday around 1 for the reunion. The trip was mostly smooth, but there was a lot of traffic in Salt Lake due to a wreck, so that slowed us down by at least 40 minutes. Kenny and I both felt pretty carsick with all the stop and go. We finally made it to Albion around 8:30 and got the kids to bed by 9. Not bad for having to lug a bunch of stuff upstairs and make the beds. We hung out by the fire for poetry and eventually went to bed. I slept terrible.

The next day was really fun despite my exhaustion. I did yoga, concrete handprints with the kids, and then had lunch. I took a nap after lunch and missed most of the auction, but we still got a few awesome things. The kids went swimming in the afternoon with James. After dinner, we did a Q&A with Grandma and Grandpa, which was really interesting. We then had a discussion about marriage with the other adults, put the kids to bed, watched a talent show, and had s'mores. We stayed up a bit later talking to people.

Sunday was clean up and leave. We stopped for church in Declo and headed home. The drive seemed longer even though it wasn't. (No traffic this time.) Once home, I unpacked everything, fed everyone dinner, and relaxed the rest of the day. It was worth the trip, but it was just as grueling as I thought it'd be.

Monday, we did a simple FHE.

Tuesday, Joseph had a birthday party for his friend Jackson, his first day of Cub Scouts and I went to a visiting teaching interview. Everything went smoothly even though things overlapped a bit. Sis. Hill came over to talk to Joseph and us about baptism and what we need to do to get him ready. I can't believe that's coming up in just a few weeks!

Wednesday, I went to the hospital for my free 3D ultrasound. It was really cool to see baby girl's cute little face. It looks like she has the same lips as Kenny and Lewis and the same cute button nose as all the other kids. James found a basketball hoop for the kids for free! They love playing with it so far.

Today is the first day of the fair! We're planning on going at least twice over the next 3 days.

I am officially in my 3rd trimester as of Tuesday/Wednesday. I am excited but also just exhausted.

I think I mentioned that the kids have a fun summer schedule, but I don't know if I wrote about it yet. We will do these things every week unless we're out of town.

Mon.: play with the hose in the sandbox, FHE
Tue.: go to the park, date with a kid
Wed.: sidewalk chalk, library and D.I.
Thu.: library activity, date night
Fri.: bubbles, movie night
Sat.: outdoor adventure
Sun.: church, board games

No comments:

Post a Comment