Thursday, May 31, 2018

First Week of Summer, Joseph's Birthday

School officially ended for Kenny last Thursday and for Joseph and James on Friday. I went to Kenny's program and sacrificed both my and Lewis's naps. It was tough because I had a headache for the rest of the day, but I survived. James brought home Chinese food for lunch on Friday to celebrate.

We watched the first Harry Potter movie on Friday since Joseph just finished the book. I'm glad that he loves to read.

Saturday, we went to a few yard sales, but no luck, and then went exploring in the woods near Steinaker. I stayed in the car because I was too tired. James went shooting in the afternoon while I rested.

Sunday was normal. I found a sub for the music this coming Sunday! That is a hard thing to accomplish. Not many people like or want to do music for Primary. (Heck, I didn't when they called me, and I still struggle to want to go to Church every Sunday.)

Monday, James didn't have work, but he had to finish up some stuff at school. The kids and I worked hard at home to clean up the house and yard. James went fishing during my nap. We let the kids play with the hose in the sandbox for FHE and had cookies.

Tuesday, we went to the park. I took Kenny out for his little pizza from Book It.

Wednesday, Joseph turned 8! He got a new bike, a Harry Potter video game and jelly beans, a scripture journal, and additional money that he'll get to spend today when I go grocery shopping. I made a lemon-lime pound cake. I though it was all right, but I always prefer chocolate. The kids played with bubbles in the afternoon.

Today: doctor's appointment for Joseph and Kenny, library activity, and grocery shopping after dinner.

I am almost in the 3rd trimester, and I can tell. My tiredness has kicked up a notch in the past week. My feet hurt more than they did. I also can't sleep past 5:30 a.m. because I get kicked a lot. I would be lying if I said I enjoyed it. I really haven't enjoyed anything about this pregnancy except for the prospect of a new baby. I've had some good moments but very few good days, and the good days I did have seem to have been replaced by tons of anxiety about everything coming up this summer. First stressor: this weekend's family reunion. I'm worried I'll forget something, that the room we're in won't have a bathroom, and that someone will make a rude comment about either my size or Lewis's size. I also dread the 6 hour drive there. I dread how much more tired I'll be because of having to chase kids up 3 flights of stairs, interact with 80 people when I'd rather be alone, and share a room with all the kids. I don't sleep well anyway, so being away from home makes it that much worse.

This will be our 8th time going to a family reunion. I have been to 1 reunion that was more fun than stressful. 2010: I had a small baby, and people always give crappy advice. 2011: I had a toddler and was pregnant, and James wasn't there for the first day or two. 2012: Small baby again. 2013: Pregnant with a toddler again. 2014: Small baby who had an ear infection and cried the WHOLE TIME. 2015: Actually super fun! 2016: Just had hand surgery and had a splint, so I had to do everything one-handed (and not with my dominant hand!) Also, pregnant. 2017: Didn't go because James had a hurt leg and needed to heal. Got guilt tripped constantly for the next month. 2018: Pregnant with a toddler.

I can't wait to be done with pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment