Thursday, May 17, 2018

Finally Better, I Think

Last Thursday, it was Katie's turn to throw up. She seemed fine until Saturday, and then she threw up again and missed church. Kenny gladly gave her talk in Primary.

I went in for my glucose test Friday morning and I passed! I didn't even come close to failing, which is surprising. I'm fatter than I've ever been, so I thought for sure I'd fail. I've come close 3/4 times and had to retest for 2/4 pregnancies to get a passing score.

We went to the Dino "soar" festival on Friday and Saturday. There were hot air balloons, vendors and bounce houses at the library, and free admission to the dinosaur museum. We also went out for dinner on Friday night. It was a lot of fun to spend time with the family.

James worked on Saturday after repairing our sprinkler system. The grass is finally starting to turn green now. Our neighbor's lawn is picture perfect because they take really good care of it. We are both too tired and don't care enough to even try to keep up. Not this year, anyway.

Sunday, I had a pretty good Mother's Day even though Katie, James and Lewis stayed home. I think the kids did pretty well with their song in Sacrament meeting even though it was kind of quiet. James kept the house clean, and I got lot of goodies and some movies.

Monday, we had a really good FHE. We did giant bubbles, turned on the sprinklers, and worked on teaching the kids to ride a bike without training wheels. Joseph picked it up immediately! We're still working on Kenny, and I hope to also teach Katie this summer. James fixed up the bike and got helmets for the kids. I'm so happy that Joseph learned so quickly. I was feeling like a huge slacker for not teaching him before. Maybe it's like potty training, where if you wait longer it's a lot easier to do.

James worked mosquito abatement Tuesday, so I took the kids to Kenny's open house at his school. I think it went well. The rest of the day was tough because I felt extra tired and drained.

Wednesday, I also felt really drained, but I pushed on through and went grocery shopping after dinner. I found out I have babysitting 5 of the 6 days left of school, so I wasn't thrilled about that because it was sort of last minute, but oh well. It's almost over. James had the kids in bed and the house clean when I got back, so that was amazing!

I'm feeling a bit better today. We are looking at a car to buy, and so far I actually feel peaceful about it. Every other car has made me feel really stressed and terrible. Maybe this one will actually work out. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment