Thursday, May 24, 2018

New Car, New Schedule

We got the car! It's a 2001 Yukon XL Denali, or in other words, an older, slightly beat up, big SUV. We were able to pay cash, which is exactly why James has been looking for cars for several months. It takes time to find an older car with relatively low miles. I went in on Friday to register and title it. Despite a long (45 minute) wait at the DMV, I got home in plenty of time for the boys to come home from school.

Friday, James and I went on a date to dinner and then to a board game group. It was really fun, but I felt super crummy from eating too much at dinner.

Saturday, he took the kids to Little Brush Creek cave while I went to a women's conference. I really don't have any big problems! The women who spoke were dealing with challenges like stillbirth, drug addiction, eating disorders, mental illness and death of a spouse, and wayward children. I have nothing to complain about! It was a very inspiring meeting. James worked in the afternoon, hopefully the last time he will have to on a Saturday!

Sunday, we were all well and went to church together for the first time in 3 weeks.

Monday, we had FHE with Cherissa and Tayson. I did a lesson on setting goals and made a weekly schedule for fun things for the kids to do each day. We will have a very general morning and afternoon activity for each day of the week so they have something to look forward to. I am not planning on being outside unless I have to be, so no hikes. I feel extra tired when I'm too hot, and the summers here are killer! I know it's dry heat, but 100 degrees is still hot, and it goes over 100 every single summer.

Tuesday, James worked till really late, so the kids and I just hung out. They play outside a ton, and Lewis loves to join them. The house is a little quieter and cleaner when everyone's outside.

Yesterday, James took the kids to his school and the library so I could have a little alone time. It was really nice.

Today is the last day I have to walk Kenny to the bus stop and the last day I have to babysit Jonah. Hurray! I'm ready to just be responsible for my own kids. Also, walking to the bus midday is a huge pain. I am grateful for half day Kindergarten. I think it's more age-appropriate than a full day. The Kindergarten program is this afternoon, so hopefully I don't suffer too much from skipping both my and Lewis's naps.

I'm working on my last sewing/craft project for a while, a rag rug. I should be done by the second week in June even if I take it slow. My main projects for the summer will be staying cool and cooking some new recipes. We always have to try new stuff after a while because we get tired of the old. Being pregnant is not helpful. My fatigue seems to be getting worse and I am now heavier than I've ever been in my life, but I am going to make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment