Thursday, August 16, 2018

Bad News and Good News

The bad (but not terrible) news first:

My BP is a little elevated, so I have to put my feet up a lot, increase my water intake, and decrease my salt intake. That means no favorite snacks except for ice cream. James just brought me back a giant bag of Doritos from Costco that I won't be able to touch. That makes me sad. My feet are also permanently swollen despite my efforts to put them up and relax. I haven't been eating much due to decreased appetite, but the swelling has made me put on 10 lbs. beyond where I thought I'd be now. :(

Good news: I officially have a scheduled induction for the 29th. My dr. offered me as early as the 21st (at 39 weeks) but I took the last day he has available before leaving on a trip. I do think my babies need the full 40 weeks, but not longer than that. The ones who stayed in a few days longer were ALL malpositioned somewhat. On the 29th I will be 1 day past my due date. (The most recent research actually shows that 39-week inductions are favorable over waiting it out, but since my early ultrasound suggested a possible due date of September 2, I am safely in the optimal 39-41 week range no matter what!) I am a little terrified to think of how soon this is coming up - less than 2 weeks! but I'm about as prepared as I can be at this point.

Other news: Didn't do anything over the weekend except go to a few yard sales. I was almost too tired for that. I guess I did cut everyone's hair too.

Monday, we had a neighborhood party that was really fun. The kids love to run around in the Allreds' yard.

Tuesday, James took Katie to his cousin's wedding. The boys and I had a relaxing day at  home.

Last night, Katie and I went to a training for Upstart, her online preschool. We'll start today. It takes 15 minutes day, 5 days a week, which sounds pretty reasonable to me. She seems really excited about it. Aside from having a baby soon, there aren't any kids on our street starting Kindergarten next year with her, so no chance for joy school like the boys had.

Today, James started school. The boys get to meet their teachers this afternoon. Kenny has the same teacher as in Kindergarten and Joseph has Mrs. DeCamp, the wife of the guy who runs D.I. I heard she's the best 3rd grade teacher, so that makes me happy.

One day at a time. I think I'll sit down and plan out the next few weeks, plus make a schedule for the days I'll be at the hospital. There isn't much left to do, but I'm still a little stressed just thinking about it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment