Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Belcher Bash, Splash Park, Bobcat, Swollen Feet

We left early Saturday morning for the Belcher Bash in Heber. I drove the Highlander while James drove the kids in the Yukon. It would have been a better drive if I didn't have so many Braxton Hicks contractions that made me have to stop for the bathroom. We sold the Highlander to James's parents, so we are now down to 2 cars again. The actual reunion was fun, but really grueling. There were games, an auction, delicious brunch and lunch (so I wasn't too hungry for either, but oh well), and people to talk to. I wasn't very social because I started feeling terrible by noon as it started getting hot. Due to riding in the car again all afternoon, my feet swelled up and looked really disgusting. They have almost returned to normal by today, but we leave for Rexburg tomorrow, so I have a feeling they're going to look gross again.

We spent our last park day (Tuesday) at the splash park in Naples. The older 3 really loved it, but Lewis never even got wet. He is the child that hates water in his face, so it makes sense. It was still pretty funny. He spent the hour walking around the perimeter of the splash park and staying far away from any water.

Joseph got his Bobcat badge at Pack Meeting last night. It's the second one we've been to, and it was also outside. I'm not a fan of doing anything outside when it's hot, even if it's in the shade. Hopefully by next Pack Meeting (my due date) I will have a good reason to take a break. I'm certainly crossing my fingers!

Today is packing and cleaning day. I hate it. I started hurting around 8:30 a.m. but still have a long way to go. The laundry is done, but everything else is trashed. James will have to help a lot when he gets home because I'm just not going to be able to do it.

We both have appointments tomorrow. Mine is at 9 with my OB, and his is at 2 in South Jordan, a followup for his tooth implant.

I just really hate travel. I've been dreading this trip all summer, and my experience with swollen feet from last weekend (and the fact that they're still not back to normal!) has made me really worried. Plus, I just don't like socializing much these days. I hope this is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment