Thursday, August 23, 2018

Almost There

I had a pretty grouchy weekend. No matter how much I rested or stayed away from other people, I felt yucky. James did lure me from the house for some Italian ice, and it was delicious. I really wanted some sushi, but there wasn't any to be found, so I ended up with some pasta from the same place. It was kind of a shame to pay for that because I can make good pasta for almost  nothing.

The boys started school on Monday! So far they really seem to like it. We've had a crazy week, though. James did mosquito abatement Mon. and Wed. and Joseph had Scouts on Tue. We had to cram in grocery shopping, especially since lots of people will be visiting over the next few weeks, so James did half on Tue. with the kids while I was at my appointment and I did the other half yesterday. I also put the kids to work and had  them mop the floors in addition to all the other stuff they normally do. They weren't thrilled with the extra chores, but I hurt too much to do them myself.

My BP was borderline but not considered high anymore, so my doctor isn't too worried. The swelling in my feet even went down enough so I don't look totally gross anymore. I also lost a few pounds! However, I feel like my entire pelvis is going to crack open. There is simply no comfortable way to exist right now, not standing, sitting, or lying down. Transitioning from one to another is also quite painful. My energy level is about normal for the last week of pregnancy, but my pain is definitely greater than it's ever been (outside of labor). No amount of rest makes it go away. I'm so glad there are only 6 days left of this torture.

James's family arrives today and stays through Saturday. One more blog post till I have this baby! (Unless I don't get to it because she's early, but I'm not putting any money on that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment