Thursday, February 21, 2019

Heads Visit, Day Off, Massage

The Heads did make it here, but just barely. They said the roads were horrible coming from WY and they easily could have gotten stuck if they'd stopped at all. We're glad they made it! We had heart-shaped pizza on Thursday and hung out.

Friday was great too. The kids all went swimming except for Kenny. He stayed with me and watched a little TV and helped me clean up. We  hung out after eating dinner together.

Saturday, they left around lunchtime. I went shopping at Smith's for sales and discount candy (a mistake), and then we all went out together to McDonald's so the kids could play.

Monday, James took the boys to see the Lego Movie 2 while Katie and I watched Beauty and the Beast at home. Lewis missed out because of his nap. Haha. I even had time to catch up on crafty stuff too. I have enough quilt squares for a twin denim quilt that I'll hopefully make and donate later this year.

Tuesday, James went to the dentist so I got Joseph from Scouts, went to a ministering interview while the kids played in the gym, hurriedly ate dinner, and made it to yoga. Whew.

Wednesday, we went on a date to Jade Lion. We had sushi, miso soup, and Szechuan beef. We might order food like that from now on. It was so tasty. (I also feel good about my miso soup-making abilities, because it tasted just like the one I make at home, and this restaurant has particularly delicious food.)

Today I have a massage (a Valentine's gift) and a Relief Society meeting. We're celebrating international style. I made hummus and bagel chips to take, got decorations from James's classroom, and I'm in charge of the spiritual thought. I'm really glad I get to be on the board for planning these activities this year. I had just been thinking about how I wanted to be more involved in RS when Sis. Hall asked me to help plan for the year.

Winter is still going strong, unfortunately. We keep getting tons of snow, and I'm so sick of it. It melts a little and then snows more. We have never had any accumulation after Valentine's Day. Soon enough it will be spring.

I'm really enjoying this stage of my life. Not having to think about having any more babies is AMAZING. Samantha is at such a sweet, cuddly age and Joseph is still awesome. If I'd taught school, I'd have picked his age group (3rd or 4th grade) to teach. My life isn't perfect, but it is pretty good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment