Thursday, February 14, 2019

Healing, Valentines, Progress

I ended up running into my friend (who is pregnant) after my shopping trip last Thursday, and that was just what I needed. I congratulated her in person and found that all my jealousy just melted away. It is hard sometimes to remember that others seem to have better blessings than I do, but I forget that they also have different trials. When I find out what the trials are, I'm usually not jealous anymore!

Saturday, I went to D.I. in the afternoon to escape. I found 2 pairs of pants and 2 shirts. I'm really trying to wear clothes that bring me joy. That means more shopping is in my future because I don't really own a lot of stuff. When  you are pregnant a lot, the regular clothes last longer since they're not being worn. I've had some things for over 10 years...

The Boyles came for dinner, and that was fun. I had make extra potatoes since there was a funeral in the morning, and true to Utah stereotype, they wanted funeral potatoes for it. It's just as easy to make two pans, and everyone loves them!

We've had a crazy week. We did FHE with Cherissa and Tayson on Monday. Tuesday: Scouts and yoga, and Wednesday: a doctor's appointment for Lewis. He is perfectly healthy, smart, and still tiny. I love that kid so much even though he's so destructive.

It's Valentine's Day! I completely forgot and didn't get James a thing. Oops. Perhaps I can redeem myself with a shopping trip later to get some goodies. The kids have been excited for weeks since they get candy at school.

The Heads are supposed to be coming, but who knows with all the snow. They were stuck in Lander, WY, last night instead of being able to get to Rock Springs. Hopefully they'll be able to come.

I am really pleased with how well weight loss is going. I made a calendar for my exercising so I always have a video ready to go. I have consistently lost 1 lb. per week since my 6-week checkup (not counting December, where I just planned on maintaining). My goal is to achieve 20% bodyfat, which to me seems really ideal based on pictures I've see online. I don't want to look like a bodybuilder, but I do want to be lean enough to wear a bikini if I wanted. (I really don't.) I still have 40ish pounds to go for this goal, so I'm over halfway there! It's going to take all year, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment