Thursday, April 25, 2019

Easter, Blomquist Visit

Mara and Ricky arrived late Saturday night while we were sleeping. It had been kind of a rough day for me. James worked mosquito abatement and wasn't around. I started getting a cold on Friday, so all my plans of getting the yard cleaned up just didn't happen. To be honest, I'm still feeling a little crummy due to interrupted sleep. I get random coughing fits that are really bad, but I am on the mend.

Sunday was Easter! I had grand plans for all the boys to match, but Lewis misplaced his bow tie at the last minute. Oh well. I still got a good picture or two. Church was good despite my illness, and we dyed eggs after lunch. We of course enjoyed cheesy potatoes and ham for dinner with hot fudge cake for dessert.

Monday, those were weren't at school went to Fantasy Canyon. We looked around at the cool rocks and had a picnic lunch. Then, we went to the Ouray wildlife refuge to look around. For FHE, we did a little lesson and an egg hunt since we hadn't done it one Saturday.

Tuesday, we went shopping for Mara's baby shower and got lunch at James's favorite Taco Tuesday spot. The adults (not including me) went rabbit hunting. I took Joseph to pack meeting while everyone else stayed home.

Wednesday, we went to the dinosaur museum in the morning and relaxed in the afternoon. I even had time to catch up on my new website. 10 more weeks! Mara and Ricky left after dinner, a treat from Dad (KFC). James did mosquito abatement, so I got everyone to bed and planned the rest of the details for the baby shower. I'm a little stressed by it because planning parties is not my strong suit, but I'm still glad I'm doing it for Mara. I think it will be really fun. Though I'm not the most fun or outgoing person, I am really good at making lists. :)

Today, the Heads are coming to visit. Until then, I'm going to take it easy as much as possible so I don't go crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment