Thursday, April 11, 2019

Spring Break in NC

It's been a pretty busy 2 weeks, but I'll give the short version as well as I can.

Friday, we traveled to our hotel, stopping along the way for meals and to explore the mall. It was long, but mostly uneventful. We ran into some snow and Kenny got carsick.

Saturday, everything went well with our flight to NC. We hung out for the rest of the day.

Sunday: Church, hanging out with the family. We all had dinner  and scriptures together.

Monday: We took a walk around the lake at Apex Park and Mom and I went birthday shopping. I found 3 shirts that I liked at Kohl's. We saw tons of animals at the lake: a blue heron, turtles, and ducks. James went birthday shopping for Kenny and I updated the family scrapbook I made a few years ago. After all the missions and weddings have happened, it will be complete!

Tuesday: We visited the Museum of History in Raleigh and the Museum of Natural Sciences next door. The rain ruined our plans of visiting the arboretum, which was a bummer. We had Bojangles' on the way back. Dinner was at Christian and Rachel's house.

Wednesday: We drove to the Museum of Life and Science in Durham and got a snack at Cook Out on the way home. We watched some TV after dinner.

Thursday: We went to Jordan Lake and had a picnic lunch. The weather was absolutely gorgeous! I even got a touch of sunburn, not intentionally, but at least I won't be so white anymore. I don't think I'd been to Jordan Lake since high school. The kids had been asking all week when we were going, and I was really surprised they wanted to be in the frigid water, but hey, whatever works. I'm glad they had such a good time in the sand and water. They never even got on the playground. After the lake, James took the older 3 to Brinson's shop while I did laundry and kept an eye on the little ones.

Friday, it was raining again, so we took a chill day at the house with a couple of short errands. After dinner, we celebrated Kenny's birthday with cake, ice cream, and presents.

I tried to be healthy for the first few days, but I failed miserably. It wasn't all my fault. The cereal was really stale and the fruit was freezer burned and sour 2 days in a row. When I cooked grits, they were really gritty and unpleasant and the eggs overcooked while I was waiting for them to be done. There are also so many delicious snacks around, I'm tired because I'm on Mountain Time with my sleep but not with my meals, and I haven't been exercising. Oh well. This month will just not be a super successful one.

Our trip home on Saturday was smooth and again, uneventful. We figured out that Kenny doesn't get carsick if he takes frequent breaks from looking at the phone to play games. I got everything unpacked and finished putting it away on Sunday.

We listened to Conference on Sunday. I didn't get much out of it because I fell asleep. Whoops. I'm glad we can read it after the fact.

Monday, James had his first meeting for mosquito abatement.

I finally got drawers in my kitchen! I'm so excited! I can't remember the last time I had 4 functioning drawers. Everything is finally organized again the way I like it.

I decided to upgrade my blog again after a lot of encouragement from my husband and other family members, so I have my own .com website now. My goal is to roll it out officially around my anniversary since it will be 10 years of marriage and almost 10 since I starting blogging. I should be done updating all the pictures by then. After that point, I will work on adding more content and looking into earning money on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment