Thursday, May 9, 2019

Baby Shower, A Little Sickness, Sewing

Things worked out perfectly with the date and getting the car. Actually, James was at the dentist practically forever but managed to get there to pay for the car in time. We ended up going to the 8:30 showing for the movie, but I somehow survived the next day!

Things went very smoothly for Mara's baby shower. I left around 8:15 and arrived at 11:45. I took a small stop to feed Samantha in there. Breastfeeding has a lot of perks, but being able to leave the baby all day is not one of them! We had chips, salsa, and cheese, as well as tres leches cake. People came and hung out. We played a couple of games after a while and then Mara opened her presents. Altogether, there were 10 people there (counting family). I think everyone had fun, but it can be difficult to tell. I stayed a little while to help clean up, then drove home. Samantha wasn't quite as happy on the way home, but I don't blame her at all. Being stuck in the car for 6 hours isn't so fun.

I've been working on the blog a lot this week. 8 more weeks to go!

Lewis threw up yesterday morning, but he seems fine now. I hope it stays that way, because there is NEVER time for dealing with an illness.

I've also been working on sewing with the big bag of fabric scraps my mom gave me. I like to cut out a bunch of stuff first, sew a lot, then repeat. When I finish this round of stuff, I'll have made 5 pairs of leggings for Katie, a purse (also for Katie), and 11 American girl doll outfits. They are all new patterns, too! Pinterest is an amazing place. I like sewing at night after the kids have gone to bed. It's so much less stressful than trying to keep Samantha entertained or Lewis from dumping things out.

I have officially reached the 50 lb. mark since I had Samantha! That means I'm currently working on between-pregnancies weight. I still have at least 25 to go, hopefully a little more than that. I don't think I have any chance of a flat belly ever again, though. It's not looking too promising, but that's okay. I just don't want to look flabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment