Thursday, May 30, 2019

Rex(burg) Reunion, 2 Kids, Emma and Joseph's Birthdays

We had an uneventful drive to Rexburg on Thursday, and it was a busy time the whole time we were there.

Friday, the kids did some superhero activities outside before lunch. We had dinner with the Lees. It was freezing outside, but I think it was worth it for the s'mores at the end.

Saturday, we went to Green Canyon to swim, had lunch, and went to Victor to the Heads'. Then, we went to the location of a future reunion spot to plant trees. After getting back to the barn, we had some pizza for dinner.

Sunday, we went to Church as we normally do. I still really like 9:00 with little kids because it gives plenty of time for lunch afterward and naps. I was really exhausted by this point due to not sleeping well for the previous week, so I took a nap too.

Board games happened every day, and I even participated in some. I really like fast-paced, trivia, word, or team games but not really strategy games.

James and I drove home on Monday so he could work this week. We left the older 3 kids at the barn. Tomorrow we leave to meet up with them. It's been nice not to have fighting going on, but it is oddly quiet and weird without the kids. There's still plenty to clean up and too many diapers.

Projects this week: fixed the sprinkler system, put together a bookcase for the kids, made a doll outfit, went grocery shopping using pickup. (I LOVE PICKUP!)

Mara and Ricky had their baby on Tuesday night! Her name is Emma Mae, and she has bright eyes and very dark hair. I'm not sure when I will see her because I don't want to expose her to my germy kids. I'm certain by the 4th of July, though.

Joseph is 9 today! We will give him his presents when we get back from the Head reunion in Albion, which we leave for tomorrow. James is taking a half day at abatement so we can get there not too late. I'll be glad when travel is over for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment