Thursday, June 6, 2019

Head Reunion, Summer Break

Thursday night was actually pretty fun. We went to the nursery to get yard stuff and finally used the gift card my neighbor gave me a year ago. We then got a rock chip fixed on the car with a free promotion and then went to dinner at the buffet. We never go there anymore because the older kids are expensive for how much they eat.

Friday, we left around noon at had a pretty uneventful drive to Albion. It was a pretty fun time at the Head reunion with the usual campfire, meals together, cousins playing and swimming, the candy toss, auction, etc. Of course I got barely any sleep the first night, but everything went pretty smoothly. It was great to see the older kids again after a few days at Grandma's. My favorite part of the reunion is always talking to the relatives while the kids play.

We returned home on Sunday all completely wiped out. It was also uneventful.

This week, aside from doing more laundry than normal, feels like the first real week of summer. The weather is finally hot and dry, and we've settled into a routine.

Every day stuff: working in the yard/garden, reading time for the kids, regular chores, sewing in the afternoon when Samantha sleeps, reading for 1 hour after the kids go to bed before I watch TV.

Weekly stuff by day:

Mon.: bubbles, FHE
Tue.: Scouts, the park, yoga/party
Wed.: cooking class (taught by me!), sand and water
Thu.: library, date night
Fri.: art project, movie night
Sat.: finish yard work for the week, adventure
Sun.: Church, board games

I forgot how good it feels to be outside before it gets really hot. I do really want the yard to look nice this year since I did nothing for the last 2 years. Plus, it's nice for yard work to double as exercise.

There are definitely moments already where I feel like I'm pulling my hair out, but that also happens with only 3 kids at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment