Thursday, October 10, 2019

Conference, Anna and Joseph's Visit

James and I changed our plans a couple of times for our date last week, so we ended up going to dinner and doing some fun shopping. I'm glad that some places (mostly chain restaurants) provide nutritional information so I can actually figure out something to eat. We don't eat out very often, and I'm glad, because it makes "dieting" almost impossible. On that note, I put some pictures in an album for my starting weight, -30, and -45. In the next few days, I should be able to add -60! I'm really hoping for -75 (my end goal!) by the end of the year, but I think it will be late January before I get there. I'm doing so much better than I was a year ago, but I'm far from perfect.

We enjoyed Conference on Saturday and Sunday. I listened to the women's session while I did some sewing, so I felt extra productive. Haha. The toffee was not only easy, it turned out delicious! I made some again on Sunday for Anna and Joseph to enjoy. They arrived around lunch time, so we enjoyed the rest of the day eating yummy food, listening to Conference, and playing some games. Anna left Monday morning, but Joseph is here until after James and I go on our anniversary trip, the 18th-21st.

So far, things have gone very smoothly. Though Joseph is my kids' uncle, he's more like a cousin due to his age. I barely notice he's here because he takes care of himself. He and James do games together from 7:30-9:00, and then James and I still hang out after that. I've had parent-teacher conferences this week, but everything else has been pretty routine. I also found the leak to our dishwasher, finally. It is the stupid water inlet valve, which is both cheap and easy to replace, but very annoying since this is a new dishwasher. I don't want to bother with Lowe's doing it, because I bet it will take a lot longer if they'll even do it at all. It feels like things are always breaking. James had to replace our front doorknob during Conference because it finally gave out.

I am so excited for the changes talked about in Conference! There are too many to really talk about here, but right now I'm most intrigued by what's going to happen at Conference in April. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment