Thursday, October 17, 2019

Joseph's Visit, Fall Break So Far

It's been a great week with Uncle Joseph here. He last came for a week about 2 years ago, I think, and he's definitely grown up since then, not that he was difficult then. The days have been sunny and cool, my perfect kind of weather.

Saturday, I had a Relief Society preparedness fair from 10-2, but it ended up taking from 9-3. My class on spiritual self-reliance went well and very quickly. It's really easy to talk for 10 minutes! I enjoyed the other classes too, and we got lots of fun stuff, including a backpack to put it all in. Overall, I'd say the activity was a great success. I went home with an awful headache that wouldn't leave, but I pressed on since we were feeding the missionaries at 5. I almost had James take them a pizza, but I suddenly started feeling well enough to cook dinner. It's a mild cold, and pretty much everyone in the house has it. We really enjoyed having the missionaries over. I remember when they were older than me, and now they're my baby brother's age.

Monday, we decided to take it easy for FHE and watch some stuff instead of going anywhere. We've talked about going swimming but can't ever find the motivation to do so, and that's okay! It's a lot of work to get everyone ready for swimming. Maybe one day we'll be motivated enough. We also didn't want to spread a bunch of germs at the pool.

We've been watching the Harry Potter movies and just finished #4. That's the last one we'll watch with the little kids, and it was a little too scary for Lewis. Oops. I read books #5, 6, and 7 and really enjoyed them. I remember the first 3-4 too well to be able to read them yet. I can almost quote them word for word.

Fall break started yesterday! We took the kids to the dinosaur quarry and even did one of the trails. It actually wasn't so bad, and we even got some good pictures. Today, we're going to a carnival and will hopefully get the G6 back during a convenient time. It had a small thing that needed to be replaced, but hopefully we won't have any trouble with it on the way to Salt Lake tomorrow! I'm really excited to go on a trip with just James. We haven't gone away for more than a night since we got married, and since it's been 10 years (and a few months), we're going away for 3 nights! James's parents get here tonight sometime, so I really hope everything goes well. I've been looking forward to this trip for several months now.

My sister Colbey will be getting married in March! I can hardly believe it. I don't know Micheal very well yet. Colbey sent me a link for the bridesmaid dress, so I ordered one already. I'll make the trip in March, probably meeting up with Mara. It should be great! One trip at a time, though. I'm really looking forward to this weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment