Thursday, October 3, 2019

Fixing Stuff, Projects

One thing I never realized about owning a house and cars is how annoying it would be to keep them all running, clean, and not leaking. We just had one car looked at for the check engine light, and it was just something minor, as I suspected, no fix needed as far as they could tell (possibly just a loose gas cap.) The dishwasher is currently leaking AGAIN. That stupid thing is new (a month or two) and I just spent 2 hours last week making sure it was completely level. Everything was great for a few days, and then it started leaking. It seems like it's getting worse, and if it's not a loose connection, we're going to need to replace the water inlet valve. Ugh.

Tomorrow we completely finish yard work for the season since we've been getting frost the past few days. I'm okay with it, I think, because the afternoons are really pleasant. I got everything cut out for Christmas dresses for the girls. Since I bought too much, I also have enough for a t-shirt for me, an AG doll outfit, a baby doll outfit, and 3 bows! I never buy new fabric, but I'm definitely getting my money's worth! The pattern is one I found online, and it looks super easy.

Family history is going well, too. I sent a whole bunch of names to my family, and I have plenty for James and me for the next year or 2. I forgot how much I like to take my own names.

We invited some friends for dinner and games. It was great except for when the kids started fighting with their daughter. Well, mostly Lewis. He has a hard time getting along with other kids sometimes because he's 2 and still doesn't like to share.

I can't wait for Conference this weekend! I'm going to start a new tradition that I'm calling "Conference Candy". I've made homemade candy a few times and think Christmas is too busy to do it, but standing over a hot stove shouldn't be too bad while I'm listening to talks and music in the background. This weekend, I plan on making toffee.

1 comment:

  1. I think Candy and Conference is such a fun idea. I am not a great candy maker, but if I was this makes perfect sense to me.

    ReplyDelete