Thursday, September 26, 2019

Embracing the Season

I am not one of those people who automatically loves fall. Sometimes, it feels like a welcome rest from the heat of summer, but other times, it brings a sense of foreboding. The past few years, I've been too occupied with pregnancy to really worry about fall and winter as much, so my feelings of dread this year came as a bit of a surprise.

I read this article a while ago and have thought about it ever since then. I determined that I needed to plan to love fall for all its seasonal goodness, pumpkin spice not included. James and I wrote down a bunch of ideas for fun things we'll do this fall, and I also set some goals. This week, I started working on my family history for the first time in 5 years. We have a tablet that I can use while I watch TV. It's a win-win situation because I get to be entertained and do some very important work at the same time.

Some fun things we're going to do include a Harry Potter movie marathon that will end on Halloween (activities for each book!) and Oktoberfest, which for us means sausage and root beer. It's great to have something to look forward to each week.

We've had a pretty busy week with getting one car fixed and trying to figure out what's wrong with the other. It's not serious, just a check engine light, but it's annoying because the code scanner I bought didn't work, and returning it added another thing to a busy week. We all got flu shots yesterday, so it feels like I got punched in the arm. I did have a really fun yoga party on Tuesday, and there's a Relief Society meeting (getting to know you) tonight. We also invited the Packards over for dinner Monday night. It's so fun to hang out with them! The smoked ribs they brought didn't hurt either. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment