Thursday, September 5, 2019

Labor Day, New Car

The most eventful thing of this past week was definitely my trip to see Mara over Labor Day. I left Sunday morning, and all was well until I got to the summit (around 8,000 feet). A warning light came on, but I thought it was for tire pressure. Since there was absolutely nowhere to stop, I figured I'd drive to the next town, Heber, and get their Walmart to look at my tires.

Well, that didn't happen. As I drove into town, the car wouldn't accelerate well. I had to stop once and barely made it through the light going 20 miles an hour. When I stopped next in the Walmart parking lot, my car wouldn't move at all except for very slowly backward, so I did a really bad parking job and got it out of the way. I first called Dad to see what was wrong, and he said it was the transmission.

To make a long story short, we had James's uncle pick the car up on Monday since he has a towing business. Since it was more expensive to fix than what we'd paid for it, we decided to scrap it and get a new one that costs more than $900. Ricky picked me up, so I missed church, but at least I made it to Mara's house.

We hung out the rest of the day, talked to families, and watched a movie. Monday, we went to the Latin American festival in Provo, which was fun. I got a torta but wished for tacos after the fact. They're hard to beat. Mara drove me to Vernal Monday night after dinner.

Since the kids had Tuesday off, we went to the library for story time and then to the Western Heritage museum next door. I think everyone had a good time. Mara and the kids went on a walk while I crashed on the couch. A couple days of stress really wear me down. Mara went to my yoga class with me, which was great!

Mara left after lunch yesterday, so things are pretty much back to normal. James has been looking at cars for the past few days and will hopefully get one today. I've been tackling my projects list and have one for Dad, Myles, and Lars to work on while they're here. We probably won't get it all done, but that's okay.

Samantha is officially 1! Today I'll find out exactly how big she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment