Thursday, November 7, 2019

Low Key, Not Christmas, One Nap

I like it when things are boring for a while. Everyone is healthy, nothing is broken, and there's nothing on the calendar for the week. It's a rare occurrence, but I can definitely live with it.

I am one of those people who doesn't believe in celebrating Christmas before Thanksgiving. I feel like 2 months of celebrating makes for a disappointing Christmas Day - a lot of buildup for a pretty good day, but not as magical as the songs portray. I know this sounds kind of pessimistic, but I really need for Thanksgiving and Christmas to be separate. In that spirit, I made myself a Thanksgiving playlist on Spotify.

Though I'm not listening to Christmas music or decorating, that doesn't mean I'm not thinking about gifts for my kids. Homemade things especially need to happen earlier so I don't get too stressed right before Christmas Day. I came up with an idea to turn some of those old, string backpacks into scripture bags for my boys. Katie has loved her beaded purse for carrying her scriptures, so I'm hoping the boys feel as excited about theirs.

Samantha and Lewis are both taking one nap now! I love it! This week, I've still been working on family history stuff, like adding memories to my family tree and attaching sources. I need to get working on a photo book for my sister since she's getting married in January. I don't know yet if I'm going to the wedding or reception, which is in March. Hopefully I can decide soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment