Sunday, November 3, 2019

Oops, Halloween

I can't believe I forgot to write on Thursday. I guess Halloween threw things off a bit.

We had a bit of a cold snap along with some snow. It was really hard to deal with because it felt just like January, not late October. Still, I made it safely to where I was going without any problems. The street right by my house is always the worst.

Our ward trunk or treat and party was fun, as always. The soups I got were all delicious. I'm all about the creamy, cheesy ones. The kids got a ton of candy, which is now all gone, and I'm not sad about that at all. It makes everyone grouchy.

James and I went on a date yesterday, shooting and lunch. I hurt myself with the slide on the glock and got a cut on my finger. It upset me a bit, so I didn't shoot well the rest of the time. We had lunch at the Asian place, so I got hot and sour soup and sushi, two of my favorite things ever.

We finished the Harry Potter series with the kids last night, fast forwarding through the scariest parts. I forgot how much I LOVE that series, and it was perfect for getting me in the mood for fall and Halloween. I only read books 5-7 because I remember the others so well.

I've been thinking about my progress toward my weight/health goal, and I decided to only focus on my actual progress and not the times I've messed up. I've been dwelling too much on the days where I didn't give 100%, but I shouldn't do that anymore. It just makes me more annoyed that progress takes time. Slow progress is still progress!

I hope this month is a good one. We seem to have an October/November curse, and nothing bad has happened yet. I'm really hoping we can get through these last two months of the year without any mishaps! My pessimism will not get the best of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment