Thursday, November 28, 2019

Thanksgiving, Nidra

Not too much happened this past week except for our trip to Rexburg and getting ready to get here in the first place. We got new winter tires for the car and had something minor repaired on it the day before we left. Nothing like the last minute, right? I somehow found a ride back from the shop since James wasn't even home yet when I had to take it in.

I went to my first yoga nidra class on Tuesday and loved it. I think yin will always be my favorite, but nidra was really great for calming my mind. I'm taking part in a 6 week challenge done by my yoga teacher that will hopefully help me feel calm and collected through the end of the year instead of stressed and angry. So far, so good.

Our trip was far from perfect yesterday. We did have a great lunch at Chick-fil-A with Nash, Mara, and Ricky. However, 2 kids threw up in the car, and the snow slowed us down by probably an hour. It was especially frustrating to be stuck right by Rexburg but not really able to go anywhere. We saw 12 cars either off the road or in accidents on the way. About 6 of those were in a 5-mile stretch in northern Utah. Scary stuff. I'm glad James is such a great driver.

It's Thanksgiving! This year, we are staying at "the barn", for which I am very grateful. It means hanging out and cooking instead of being stuck in the car again. I'm making the green beans. I hope the rest of the break turns out to be peaceful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment