Thursday, December 5, 2019

More Thanksgiving, Busy Week

We ended up  having a pretty good Thanksgiving. I really liked that we didn't have to travel again on Thanksgiving day since it was such a terrible drive to Rexburg. The drive from Rexburg to Victor is usually the worst, weather-wise, and pretty icy. Aunt Ruth's family joined us, so that was really nice.

Friday, James went shooting while I stayed with the kids. I didn't really feel like Black Friday shopping. It was never a tradition in my family. Ours was to stay home and eat turkey pot pie. We went to the Lees' to eat chili with Aunt Michelle's family. Somehow, we kept Lewis and Samantha from destroying anything. That's the worst part about going to the grandparents' house these day: keeping those two out of trouble. It makes the visit kind of unpleasant, but I know it won't always be that way.

Saturday, Lars and I went to the temple to do some family names for baptisms. It was the perfect time to go: completely empty! He and Carmel joined us for dinner, turkey pot pie that I made earlier in the day.

We left Sunday after Church and made it home safely with completely clear roads. Aside from catching up from the trip, James has had tons to do this week: a training after school, a visit to the dentist, and some errands. That's not even counting the homework from his classes. I feel like we never get to spend time together, so I'm really looking forward to Christmas when he doesn't have any classes!

Our ward Christmas party last night was pretty fun.

I was feeling pretty discouraged for a while that no one seemed to notice my weight loss, but I got 4 compliments in the past week! I can't believe I'm so close to my goal: 15 lbs. or less to go! I say less because I'm not 100% sure that I can weigh what I did on my wedding day since I never have since then. I have been within 5 lbs., though, so I'd be really happy with that. The fact that I'm getting close means that progress is very slow and my desire to put in the effort is greatly diminished compared to what it was. I'm hoping to reach my final goal by my birthday, but we'll see. I hate to keep pushing the date back, but life happens, and I'm not a robot with no feelings.


No comments:

Post a Comment