Thursday, December 26, 2019

Heads Visit, Christmas

Last Thursday and Friday, Rex and Anna visited us. We didn't have tons of time together because they had lots of work, but we had times for games and good food.

Our trip been an adventure so far.

We left Monday morning with no problems, ate lunch, and enjoyed a stop at the Hill Aerospace Museum. Then, we set out on our way, hoping to arrive in Rexburg around 4-5 P.M. Not a mile later, the oil light came on in the car. We pulled into the next gas station and noticed that the car was leaking TONS of oil. A phone call to dad and some diagnostic work revealed a broken line which sprayed oil any time we started the car up. We found a place in Brigham City to tow and fix the car, but they couldn't do it until the next morning since they didn't have the part in stock. James decided to stay the night and drive the car up the next day. Melodie and Joseph drove down to get us. While we waited, we went to a Chinese restaurant for dinner and then to Walmart to hang out. We didn't have to wait too long for our ride, so it wasn't all bad. We finally arrived in Rexburg around 9:45 and James on Christmas Eve at 2 P.M.

We did our normal Christmas Eve: clam chowder for dinner, singing together, and the Christmas story acted out by the kids. (I helped do some of the cooking so I could take my mind off of the broken car.) We even got them to bed on time, which was great because they woke up SO EARLY and had to be sent back to bed.

Christmas Day was really awesome. I love my presents and not traveling in ice and snow. We did go to the Lees' for dinner. I had so much delicious food.

Today, after the gym, the kids and most of the family left to go sledding. Samantha and I had a nice relaxing morning doing nothing. James, Melodie and I went to the temple to do sealings this afternoon, which was great. It was pretty busy, but we got all but 3 cards done. Soon, James and I will leave to go on a dinner date. I'm pretty excited because it's a new place that we haven't eaten at yet. We have a gift card from Christmas.

The next few days should be great too. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment