Thursday, December 19, 2019

Cold, Parties

I've had a cold since Fridayish. Monday was the absolute worst of it. I'm just glad it's getting better and not turning in to a sinus infection like January. That was a truly awful experience that I hope to never repeat.

I can’t say it’s been an easy week. Having a cold has made me very tired and irritable when I would normally be doing some productive Christmas type stuff right now. James and I went to the faculty party for the high school on Monday, and that was fun, but I didn’t feel great while I was there. We went to the very last pack meeting on Tuesday and that was fun too, at least for the first 45 minutes. It was a good reminder of why everyone is glad that there won’t be any pack meetings anymore. Lewis and Samantha were difficult to keep track of, and just when we were starting to socialize with friends during the dinner, the Cub leaders spent 45 minutes on giving out awards. All the same, I am really glad that Joseph had such caring leaders who helped him get his Bear badge, even though he has only been working on it for about six months.

I have no real motivation to do anything right now. I am taking a break from dieting for the last two weeks of the year. I finally broke past my 60 pound mark! I’m really excited about that, but I’m even more excited to be able to eat ice cream over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment