Thursday, December 12, 2019

Phenix/Blomquist Visit

Dad arrived last Friday, and we had a great time together. Saturday, he and I went to the temple to work on some family names. I forgot how much temple work brings the living closer together. I love getting those emails saying that temple work from my list has been done, and then I look and see that it happened in Raleigh. We also went to D.I. for a few random things and then hung out the rest of the day.

Sunday, everything went well with Church. It was a little extra busy since I was subbing for a class right after music, but it was fun. We kept our tradition of watching the Christmas devotional and eating muddy buddies. The Blomquists arrived Sunday night.

Monday, I did my normal stuff during the day. I took pictures of the Blomquist family. We went to KFC for dinner, after which Dad left for Salt Lake. He even bought us some extra biscuits for breakfast the next day.

Tuesday, Mara and I went to yoga together and then watched a Christmas movie while the guys and Devin played some games.

Wednesday, Mara and Ricky went to the temple in the morning and the guys went shooting in the afternoon. Emma was a perfect angel, even when I had to bundle her for the bus stop. We played some games after dinner. I somehow found time to write our Christmas card.

Today, we're going to the Western Heritage Museum and then grocery shopping. I have some cooking to catch up on this afternoon, just granola bars and actual granola. I love how good the house smells when I make those. After dinner, Mara and Ricky have to leave to go home. We've had a really good time. It's always great to spend time with family. I'm going to be really sad when they move away to NC next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment