Thursday, January 9, 2020

Soccer, Goals, Model, 6 Week Challenge

James and I went to see a movie last Saturday, so that was pretty fun. Overall, once I got through a grumpy day or 2, we had a really good break from school and the normal schedule. This week, though, it's back to normal.

The boys have made their goals for the Children and Youth program, and I'm really excited to help them achieve them. I've set my own goals to help them reach theirs. My responsibilities will include reminding them to read the Book of Mormon, taking Joseph to soccer, teaching Kenny piano, and teaching them additional math outside of school.

Kenny and I started building a model of an engine that the boys got for Christmas. I had no idea how fun it would be. Based on how many times our cars have broken and my enjoyment of this project, I think I should have become a mechanic. Just kidding. I think I'd hate the grease and being in a heavily male-dominated field. I do like seeing how things work, though. We will finish our model tomorrow.

I recently finished a 6-week challenge from my yoga teacher to love my body. Though I've made a lot of progress in the past 16 months, I've still got work to do. This year, I'll reach a healthy weight, and I need to learn to be happy with it because I'll still be considered overweight by BMI unless I can weigh less than what I did at 14 years old. (Not happening!) It will always bug me not to check that box, but as of right now, I feel happy and healthy, and all my other numbers check out. I'm also starting to enjoy working out - almost. I'm never going to love it, and I'm okay with that too.

2020 is going to be a great year! 2019 already was, so I'm really hoping to continue that trend. I'm actually enjoying some things about winter this year and not just feeling stuck inside. I suppose having extra fuzzy pajamas and good books doesn't hurt, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment