Thursday, January 23, 2020

3-Day Weekend, Light

I had Relief Society planning meeting last Thursday. Our first activity is a Valentine's dinner, and I'm in charge of the games. I'm pretty excited to be involved with activities this year. It was really fun last year.

Friday, we had pizza and movie night. I'm really loving Disney+. Our movies nights are so easy to figure out now. It's nice that the boys are old enough to enjoy non-cartoon movies, too.

Saturday, we hung out as a family. That night, I went to see Little Women and LOVED it! It was funny that James joked I could go alone Saturday or take friends on Monday. I chose Saturday, of course, and then I ran into my friends Jade and Claire. They invited me to sit with them, so I wasn't alone after all.

Monday, we woke up to no water. After James went hunting, he went under the house and thawed out the main pipe. I was pretty grouchy by then because it was afternoon and I hadn't been able to clean anything, including myself. I am definitely a shower every day kind of person because I feel nasty if I don't. On the bright side, I finished my memory quilt. It looks pretty awesome on our bed and is the right thickness for winter when combined with our fuzzy blanket underneath. I still have 13 squares left for my next one. Haha. It will probably be a few years. The process was a bit frustrating, but I'm happy to have finished it.

James went to the temple yesterday, then decided to bring home some lamps to brighten up our house to be more like the temple. I can honestly say that the lack of light bothers me the most about winter. I haven't had any bad experiences driving in snow this year and haven't fallen down on any ice. I'm even starting to think of winter as beautiful. James has captured some amazing pictures of the snow and ice. The cold doesn't bother me much either since I have warm and/or fuzzy things to wear. I can't wait for the days to get longer again, but for now, I'm not going to try to save on electricity because I really need the light to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment