Thursday, January 30, 2020

Winter Blues, Classes, Strict

I've had a hard time sleeping recently. Some of the snow started melting off the road, but now it's snowing again. I'm at that point in winter where I just want it to be over. Nothing in the second half comes even close to the magic of Christmas. I'm trying to find little things to be excited about, but it's hard when everything outside looks so gloomy.

For James's birthday, I got him a subscription to the Great Courses, online lectures by actual, qualified professors. So far, I'm doing classes on yoga nidra, human personality, body composition, and photography with James. It's a great way to help me feel useful.

For February, I'm going to make my diet a bit stricter so I can get quicker results. I've been slacking on eating beans and whole grains, and recently I've let things slide a bit when it comes to treats. Being stuck at a plateau is the worst, even though I've made it through several already. I'll re-evaluate at the end of February and see where I want to go from there. I should be at my goal or at least very close. Even if I continue, I'm not going to eat with a calorie deficit past April 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment