Thursday, February 13, 2020

Heads Visit, Melty, Hernia, Science Fair

The Heads came to visit last weekend. I worked with Rex on Friday doing intake. We had a pretty busy day. Everyone showed up and took a long time on their paperwork. It reminded me that my own health is very good. Some people have some horrible problems that they have to live with every single day. We had dinner at home and then played some games. I wish I had one I could win at consistently. Scrabble isn't it. Saturday, we hung out and had pizza for dinner. Well, not me, so I had my biggest case of FOMO since I don't know when. The sacrifice has been worth it, though. Our guests left on Sunday after sacrament meeting. It was nice to go to the adult class. The stake took over Primary due to ward conference.

I love it when things start melting! It's usually around Valentine's Day (tomorrow) that we can see the whole road in front of our house. So far, that's holding true.

Rex recommended that I get seen for my hernia that I've had since I was pregnant with Samantha. It bugs me a little bit if I've been lifting weights heavier than 20 lbs. Not only was the appointment short, I found out that I can wait until the second half of summer to get the surgery done, and it will only take 30 minutes. I figured it would need to happen eventually, but I haven't really had the time to do so since it means 6 weeks of no lifting anything. James was working last summer, and I still had a nursing baby. We have a lot of travel the first part of summer, but once we're back, I can get the surgery and recover with James to help me before school starts again. I'm really not nervous about it. I'll get to be asleep this time. It was pretty nerve-wracking to be awake for my hand surgery a few years ago.

Joseph is working on a science fair project, and he chose slime. It's kind of fun to do experiments, so that's what we're going to do all of Monday. We'll be in Salt Lake today through Saturday for a fun trip with the kids. I hope everything goes smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment