Thursday, February 20, 2020

Salt Lake-cation, Sickness, Science Fair, Serger

We had a great trip to Salt Lake for our midwinter "we're sick of all the snow and cold" trip. Travel went without too much trouble. Only one kid threw up. We put the kids the bed once we arrived at the Air B'n'B and then just relaxed. Friday, we went to the Aquarium, ate lunch, and then went to the children's exhibit at the Church History Museum. It had just barely opened! We also went to Temple Square to see the Christus. Afterward, we went to Mara's for heart-shaped pizza. Everyone was so tired by the time we got them to bed, we didn't hear a single word out of anyone.

Saturday, we went to the Natural History Museum, ate lunch, and then traveled home. Mara, Ricky, and Emma joined us for most of the activities, and I think the kids had a great time. The trip was just long enough to be fun, but totally exhausting. James even found 5 minutes to buy me a rose and funny card. I stuck to my diet and brought all my own food, even though it was hard. Rice and beans just aren't as appealing as fast food when they're right next to each other.

Saturday, people started getting sick. All but Samantha have had some combination of headache, fatigue, cough, sore throat, muscle aches, and fever. Since Lewis isn't feeling better yet and his fever was pretty high this morning, James is taking him in to the doctor this afternoon. I hope it's not influenza, but I have my suspicions. Poor little guy just curls up on the couch all day. When he's not feverish (thanks to ibuprofen), he still isn't himself. As much as I hate all the messes he creates, I at least know he's feeling okay when he gets into mischief.

We finished the science project yesterday! All in all, it took 6 hours of work. I need to remember in the future not to leave things like that to the last minute.

I've been learning how to use the serger that I got for Christmas. At first, I was totally intimidated, but now, I love it! Between a Great Courses class and the manual, I have a pretty good idea of how to use it and what to use it for. I've already made a few drawstring bags and have a couple of doll dresses to work on in the next week or so.

Hopefully everyone feels better soon. The fighting and whining were so much worse this week, and I don't think I can take it anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment