Thursday, July 2, 2020

Kidney Stone, Friends

It's been a difficult few days for James. I took him in to the ER on Tuesday for kidney stone pain. He's all too familiar with it since he gets one every few years. Naturally, I was worried sick while he was there, but they ended up sending him home after about 2 hours. He looked really pale but started feeling a bit better later on in the day. The stupid thing still hasn't come out, but the most painful part is over, thankfully. I just hope it's over by tomorrow since it will be our 11th anniversary. I'd really rather not cancel it! It's the first date we've planned in 3 months that takes us outside our house.

Also on Tuesday, I had a strong feeling that I needed to bake bread and take a loaf to my friend Claire. I'd had a dream that she moved away, and I didn't get to say goodbye. With this stupid pandemic, it's not so far fetched. One of my other friends really did move away, and I didn't get to see her before then. Claire and I just talked for about 45 minutes, and it was wonderful. I know that my feelings about everything this year are not unique to me, but it was so nice to talk to someone about them in person. We were both tearing up by the end of the conversation.

I have 1 week until my surgery. Getting tested for Covid-19 was pretty unpleasant, but I have no reason to believe that it'll be positive. Hopefully, I'll get the result soon so I can quit worrying and James can pass this stone so we can have a fun weekend. It's already different than planned since we were supposed to go to Idaho.

Ugh. 2020 really sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment