Thursday, July 23, 2020

Rexburg, Changing Plans, Masks

We had a good time in Rexburg. I still needed to recover, so I spent a lot of time on the couch resting.

Thursday, we hung out with Sam and Jesse and their kids. It had been a year, so it was really great to see them again. They came over every day we were there. They just bought a house in Rexburg, and I'm so excited for them! Sam is now a professor at BYU-I.

Friday, everyone went up to the property in Victor to go kayaking. I stayed home and drove with Anna to eat dinner with the grandparents in their yard.

Saturday, I participated in a Schillemat cousins Zoom chat. We did a date with Kenneth and Myra and Sam and Jesse. We got froyo from Millhollow and hung out in camp chairs at Smith Park. We talked till 10:30 before finally going home.

Sunday was peaceful and relaxing. I even played the piano for Primary. I really don't mind doing church at home, even though it's not the same. 

We traveled home on Monday and unpacked everything. Tuesday was my catchup day.

I had a doctor's appointment (followup) on Wednesday, and it went well. I feel 95% back to normal, finally. It really took 2 weeks before I could say that. I can't lift more than 20 lbs. for the next 4 weeks, but I think I'll be okay.

We were all set to travel to NC in a few weeks, but we decided against it. After talking to my parents on Sunday, I felt especially uneasy about it. The pandemic hasn't slowed down at all liked we'd hoped it would by now. After more prayer and some tears, we decided to postpone the trip until the pandemic is over. It was a tough decision, but it was the right one. I know I'm going to feel especially sad in a week on the day we were supposed to leave.

Since the kids will need masks when school starts, I've started sewing some for them. I have enough supplies to make 2 for each person in the family, and my mom is sending me more. My goal is to have 2 for Lewis, maybe Samantha, and me, and 6 for everyone else since they'll all be at school. That's 30 masks, but I already have 11 done. Last week, I thought I'd never feel well enough to do any sewing. I'm glad I was wrong.

Please go away, corona. You're really throwing off my groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment