Thursday, July 9, 2020

11th Anniversary, Surgery

We had a really good 11th anniversary, but it didn't end up exactly as planned. Well, it was already Plan C anyway thanks to pandemic. We ate some smoked pork that James's friend killed, butchered, and cooked. It was delicious, but that meant we were too full for Chinese takeout. We then went to see Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers and realized about halfway through that it was the extended version! I really enjoyed it, even though it was 3 hours and 45 minutes long.

We did our first FHE with Cherissa and Tayson in a while. It was really great to see them.

James finally passed his kidney stone on Tuesday!!!

We went on a little hike yesterday (the Dry Fork Flume trail) to keep my mind off of surgery.

James's parents and Anna and Jacob arrived yesterday afternoon. James took me to the hospital this morning for surgery. I had a terrible night of sleep, and I'm still tired, but I was home by 10 A.M. I feel a bit sore and tired, but not bad. Everyone else is doing the cooking, cleaning, and laundry today, for which I am very grateful. In 6 weeks, I will be fully recovered in time for school to start, but I'll feel pretty normal within a few days. Life is good, and I no longer have a hernia!

No comments:

Post a Comment