Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Give Thanks, Stitches, Thanksgiving

We didn't do much this past week. James played DnD with his cousins online. I started reading the newest book by Brandon Sanderson. It will take me till next week since I only read about 100 pages a day and it has 1200. I love his books because he's a great worldbuilder. I definitely can't keep all the details straight since they are so long, so I use the Internet sometimes to explain or help me remember stuff.

After listening to a message from Pres. Nelson last week, we've been doing his challenge to make social media a place of gratitude. I really appreciate how much it's changed for the better. I am definitely grateful for a lot of things and have had a hard time narrowing it down to only 7 days. I guess that's the point, though.

Poor Lewis got hit in the face by one of our big barrels outside, so he's currently at the urgent care getting stitched up. I will admit, I could never be a nurse. I really don't like dealing with body fluids. There was a LOT of blood to clean up, and I had to have him lie down so it would stop running down his face. I have no doubt that it was painful, but it made it a lot worse when he cried because the blood would get into his eyes. Yuck. Hopefully, his blankie and daddy will give enough comfort so he's not too nervous about the stitches. It threw a wrench in our afternoon plans. I was going to read, and James had just left to to hunt for fossils/shoot with a friend. I'm so glad he had cell service still.

I made 2 pies so far, a key lime and a pecan. For Thanksgiving Day, we'll also have turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, and green beans, plus whipped cream for the pies. I am making everything from scratch, which is why we're not having anything else. Not enough people eat leftover stuffing and the green bean casserole isn't as good the 2nd day. Though we will be at home, I'm grateful that we can do our own thing with the leftovers. We'll have turkey pot pie on Friday and more rolls and turkey soup on Saturday. Those were my family's traditions with leftovers. I just don't like sandwiches as much.

Though the pandemic has gotten SUPER old, I'm glad to spend the holidays with my family, and that I have one. Coming up with our own traditions (while keeping some of the old) is super fun. I wish I knew what was happening for Christmas, but I'm going to take it one holiday at a time.

To anyone reading this, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and stay safe and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment