Thursday, November 19, 2020

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

I am really happy to hear the good news about vaccines this week. 2 that are 95% effective? Sign me up! James will probably get his before the rest of us since he teaches high school, but you can bet I'm going to get one as soon as it's available to the general public. I'm not high on the list since I don't leave the house very much.

I'm excited about Thanksgiving coming up. I already have plans for a yummy meal and leftovers on the days after. The turkey is thawing in the fridge a few days early so it will actually be ready in time.

My main project this week has been wrapping some Christmas presents and making some decorations out of old Catan pieces. We had an old game with lots of missing pieces, so we used some of them with our new game to create a 6-person expansion. I painted a whole bunch of roads, settlements, and cities green and purple. I think the purple's lucky because I actually won when I played with them.

TV is keeping us all sane right now. We really love watching the Mandalorian every Friday. I just finished the 4th season of the Crown, and I'm doing a Harry Potter movie marathon with the boys every Saturday. I'm still enjoying making candy as well. I just need to go get my groceries so I have the ingredients to make more.

This year isn't what anyone expected. We might not even get to travel for Christmas, but I have plans for some fun things if we don't. I'm really grateful that we got to see people when we did. The numbers are terrible here right now and going up quickly. We've now been protected from getting Covid at least 4 times because of wearing masks, and I'm so grateful. My careful sacrifices have paid off, even though I feel like I'm losing my mind. I'm glad that the holidays give me something to look forward to. Hopefully, we'll be able to do lots of service between now and the end of the year. I may not be able to socialize, but I can cook, and that makes most people happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment